Genelia Deshmukh is a popular face in films produced in the Indian languages of Telugu, Hindi, and Tamil. D’Souza began her acting career in 2003 with the commercial and box office success of Tujhe Meri Kasam, after receiving widespread recognition in a Parker Pen commercial with Amitabh Bachchan. This article is about Genelia Deshmukh height, age, and career. In the same year, she won an award for her performance in Boys.
The Telugu romantic comedy film Bommarillu, in which D’Souza starred, garnered her first Filmfare Award nominations and praise from critics in 2006. Both the Hindi film Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na and the Tamil version of Santosh Subramaniam received positive reviews for her work that year. D’Souza has hosted the TV show Big Switch in addition to his work in mainstream media. learn more about actresses Shraddha Kapoor
D’Souza was 15 when she was found while serving as a bridesmaid, and she was offered a modeling contract on the spot.
Just as she finished her final exam, she found out she’d been cast in a Parker Pen commercial alongside Amitabh Bachchan. D’Souza was first hesitant to take part because of her upcoming exam, but the commercial’s director persuaded her to do so. In the Parker Pen advertisement, Amitabh Bachchan said of her, “She was good, and her expressions were spontaneous,” leading to her rapid rise to fame. In addition, she co-starred with batter Krishnamachari Srikkanth in a Fair & Lovely ad during the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
Bio (Genelia Deshmukh Height)
|Age||35 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1987|
|Full Name||Genelia D’Souza|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
Genelia Deshmukh Age
Her parents welcomed her on August 5, and now her age is 35 as of 2023.
Genelia Deshmukh Zodiac Sign
Deshmukh is under the astrological sign of Leo.
Genelia Deshmukh Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Genelia Deshmukh Height||5′ 6″ (1.68 m)|
|Weight||54 Kg (112 lbs)|
|Eye Color||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
After graduating from Apostolic Carmel High School in Bandra, D’Souza enrolled at nearby St. Andrew’s College to earn a bachelor’s degree in Management Studies. She finished school in the midst of filming her debut feature, 2003’s Tujhe Meri Kasam, and at first assumed an MNC position would be a good fit for her. She was a state-level athlete, a sprinter, and a national-level football player at college, where she also excelled academically. This post is about Genelia Deshmukh height, age, and career
Genelia Deshmukh Family
D’Souza is a Mangalorean Catholic who was born in Mumbai. She is a native of the Mumbai neighborhood of Bandra. Jeanette D’Souza, her mom, ran a multinational pharmaceutical company. In 2004, she resigned from her position to focus on D’Souza’s professional development. Her dad, Neil D’Souza, is a high-up at the IT consulting firm Tata. Moreover, her younger brother Nigel D’Souza is an employee of the Bombay Stock Exchange. It is a combination of her mother’s name, Jeanette, and her father’s name, Neil, and the meaning of the name is “rare” or “special,” as explained by D’Souza. Geenu, her nickname, is another moniker by which she is commonly known.
Genelia Deshmukh Husband
D’Souza, Genelia dated well-known Indian actor Riteish Deshmukh for eight years before finally tying the knot on February 3, 2012, in a low-key Marathi ceremony.
Riteish Deshmukh is a famous Indian actor, film producer, and builder. On December 17th, 1978, he entered the world in the town of Latur, India. The late Vilas Rao Deshmukh, a wealthy political figure, was Ritesh’s father. Fans have always held a special place in their hearts for Riteish, in large part due to his grounded and rational demeanor.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Architecture from Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute, Ritesh Deshmukh worked for an international architecture firm for over a year. When it comes to interior design and architecture in India, he is the proud proprietor of Evolutions. In addition, he attended New York’s Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute to earn his diploma. This page is about Genelia Deshmukh height, age, and career
Genelia Deshmukh Net Worth
Genelia D’Souza owns a net worth of $17 million. With the increase in brand sponsorships, Genelia D’Souza’s income reportedly increased as well. She also runs Mumbai Film Compay with her spouse Riteish. We are discussing in this article about Genelia Deshmukh height, age, and career.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$17 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$16 million|
Genelia Deshmukh Movies
- Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
- Masti (2004)
- Sachein (2005)
- Force (2011)
- Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya (2012)
- Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na (2008)
- Chance Pe Dance (2010)
- Boys (2003)
- Bommarillu (2006)
- Dhee (2007)
- Ready (2008)
- Katha (2009)
- Orange (2010)
- Urumi (2011)
South Indian Film Career
- Genelia D’Souza is an Indian actress who has worked primarily in South Indian films, as well as in Bollywood. She made her acting debut in 2003 with the Tamil film “Boys,” directed by Shankar. The film was a commercial success and Genelia received critical acclaim for her performance.
- After “Boys,” Genelia appeared in several Telugu films, including “Satyam,” “Sye,” and “Happy,” all of which were successful at the box office. Her breakthrough role in Telugu cinema came with the film “Bommarillu,” which was released in 2006. The film was a huge commercial success and earned Genelia several awards, including the Filmfare Award for Best Actress in Telugu.
- Genelia continued to work in Telugu films, appearing in several hit movies like “Dhee,” “Ready,” “Santosh Subramaniam,” and “Katha,” among others. She also worked in Kannada films like “Sathya In Love” and “Uthaarana.”
- In addition to her work in South Indian cinema, Genelia also made her Bollywood debut in 2008 with the film “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na,” opposite Imran Khan. The film was a huge commercial success and earned Genelia a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- Genelia took a break from acting after her marriage to actor Riteish Deshmukh in 2012, but she has continued to make occasional appearances in films and on television. Her most recent film appearance was in the 2020 Telugu film “Bomma Adirindi-Dimma Thirigindi.”We are discussing in this post about Genelia Deshmukh height, age, and career.
Genelia D’Souza hindi cenima career
Genelia D’Souza made her Bollywood debut with the film “Tujhe Meri Kasam” in 2003, opposite Ritesh Deshmukh. However, the film did not perform well at the box office.
It was not until 2008, when she starred in the coming-of-age romantic comedy film “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na,” that she received recognition in Hindi cinema. The film was a commercial success, and her performance was well received, earning her a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
She subsequently appeared in several other Hindi films, including “Mere Baap Pehle Aap,” “Life Partner,” “Chance Pe Dance,” “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya ” and “Force,” among others. While some of these films did well commercially, her performances were not always well-received by critics.
After her marriage to Ritesh Deshmukh in 2012, Genelia took a break from acting and has only made a few appearances in Hindi cinema since then. Her most recent Hindi film appearance was in the 2016 film “Force 2,” in which she had a brief cameo.
Riteish’s first directorial effort, titled “Ved,” has finished a record-breaking 50-day theatrical run. Only the Marathi film “Sairat” before this one had broken the coveted Rs 60.67 crore mark.
Jiya Shankar, Ashok Saraf, and Shubhankar Tawde all played significant roles in the film. On December 30, 2022, the film finally hit theatres. We are discussing in this page about Genelia Deshmukh height, age and career.
Genelia D’Souza has won several awards and nominations for her performances in Indian cinema, both in the South Indian film industry and Bollywood. Here are some of her notable achievements:
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress in Telugu for the film “Bommarillu” (2006)
- Nandi Special Jury Award for Best Actress for the film “Bommarillu” (2006)
- Santosham Award for Best Actress for the film “Bommarillu” (2006)
- South Scope Cine Award for Best Actress for the film “Santosh Subramaniam” (2008)
- Edison Award for Best Actress for the film “Santosh Subramaniam” (2008)
- Vijay Award for Best Actress for the film “Santosh Subramaniam” (2008)
- Filmfare Award nomination for Best Female Debut for the Bollywood film “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na” (2009) This post was about Genelia Deshmukh height, age, and career.
- In addition to these, Genelia has also been nominated for several other awards for her performances in various films. She is widely regarded as one of the most talented and popular actresses in Indian cinema.